Saturday, September 17, 2011

Today is a Day for Inventing Things


 Today is a day for inventing things. I can feel it stirring inside me, just waiting to suddenly BURST out. Fresh ideas, new dreams, a day to just catch my imagination by its tail and follow it down glistening lanes. The first thing I should do is to get dressed. Wearing pajamas is not conducive to an inventive day. How do I know? Look at this face. Does this face look awake?


Note the pouty lip, the confusion; perhaps even slight annoyance in the eyes, which comes from being woken up from a warm bed. Note the ruffled state of the hair. This comes from excessive dreaming. Wearing pajamas alludes to thoughts of cozy beds, and warm covers; these places are not the breeding grounds for innovation. Pajamas are associated with soporific topics such as sleep, and closed eyelids. You are more likely to end up tangled in bedclothes, and not tangled in creative thoughts. So after consideration, I made the decision to shed the nightgown. Believe me, it was for the best.


To-do List: 
1 Find warm clothes to wear from the closet before-I-freeze-to-death-without-my-nightgown
2 Listen to loud music and dance to it shamelessly
3 Invent a new undergarment from all-natural fibers that keeps you warm in winter and cool in summer
4 Sing a new song
5 Write a new poem
6 Invent a new candy bar {the prime ingredient being chocolate of course!}


I had better get to it! So the first thing on my list of things to do today was to scour my closet, the mission being to find some warm items to wear under everyday apparel. After a small amount of rooting through layers of slips, swim suits, and socks,   I discovered a white Under Armour shirt. Textiles being on my mind these days, this caused me to wonder what Under Armour was made from. I had a notion it was of manufactured fibers, and a quick Google search confirmed my suspicions: Under Armour is made out of 'moisture-wicking polyester', what a disappointment. But then I had an idea. What if I could invent a material, a new kind of underwear, made only from natural fibers, let's call it Greenmail, and it would be similar only better for your skin. I have in mind a long-sleeved tunic-like piece with a silky texture and holes in the end of the sleeve for you to slip your thumbs through like fingerless gloves. NOTE TO SELF: I need to research and experiment with different fibers/fabrics and see what I can come up with: Evidently Something for a rainy day.


Ideas to stay warm:
Heat up a ricebag and cuddle in a blanket
Brew some hot tea
Do fifty jumping jacks
wear a sweater
Snuggle with a snuggly person
If applicable, go find a warm kitten [or puppy]
heat up the oven and stand in front of it with the door open
So basically, eat warm things, drink warm drinks, and associate with warm people {or things}. 


Now my outfit for school yesterday:
1 After a quick consultation with my closet, I chose to wear brown Vanity brand cotton jeans, an interesting alternative to bluejeans, and less slick in texture.


2 My choice of tops was a pink/purple striped camisole of some obscure Japanese brand-don't know how that got in there!-


And a rich purple hooded v-neck {deliciously soft!} sweater, also Vanity. 


Can you tell I love Vanity? Realizing that I also needed to shod myself, {despite some of the efforts of the barefooted blighters at DMACC,} I decided upon my personal favorite: Purple Converse One-star shoelaceless shoes-My, what a mouthful that was!
These shoes lend a certain quality of nerdiness to my wardrobe which I find supremely satisfying. {I am a fan of nerds.}


To top it off, I wore my orangey fingerless gloves-


A treasured item of mine, because they add an intriguing flash of color that's perfect for nearly any outfit, and are warm as toast! {Speaking of toast....... ....}


So basically my entire outfit was themed in purple. A cozy choice of apparel for a crisp day! 

1 comment:

dee42 said...

Liked the Greenmail underwear! Do you ever dream of an idea then when you get up, you're all ready to Create?!! I do sometimes. I tell my friends that it's a 'clean slate' every morning, I have three grown sons and they used to fuss at me when I was so HAPPY in the morning. I don't have that many clothes, I have alot of nurse uniforms.