Saturday, October 29, 2011

Press Book

I picked up a dress form for an unbelievable 20 $ the other day at Hope Bargain Center in Pleasant Hill. Granted it's rather large, but to have a dress form at all is somewhat of a miracle, considering the usual price between 85-200$. It is pictured below.




Here is a press book I created. 
Recipe:
1 old plastic ring-binder folder
Various newspaper clippings of headlines and pictures
1 dash of pure creativity
Duct tape
Glue
Black permanent marker
I glued the newspaper clippings to the folder after I had arranged them in the college I wanted, then I taped down the various loose edges, and wrote 'press book' on the spine. The front page was a mishmash of catchy headlines and photos, the inside cover followed a coffee theme while the other cover featured fashion while the back depicts a cute penguin and a somewhat ominous statement regarding poisonous juice. If I get bored all I have to do is read my folder!
And there you have it! The perfect book for a reporter or writer's notes.




Note the headlines on the front cover and the penguin on the back cover.

Note coffee page to the left and fashion page on the right.

2 comments:

dee42 said...

So creative! Plus, I love coffee. It amazed me, like where did you find all those pictures? And I liked that dess, every girl loves a bargain, ha.

Laif Copy-Writing Company said...

I just scoured newspapers and newsletters for the headlines and pictures, found ones I liked and cut them out, and then organized them.